Zero to Cloud in 1 Day
In conferences you may have heard Microsoft talk about show case customers who have built cloud applications using Microsoft Azure over the course of a weekend. It’s quite a bold statement of the speed of delivery of cloud applications but this workshop aims to show that it is possible and in fact we can take someone with no Azure experience and coach them to build their first cloud application in 1 day. Not only will we build an application in a day, we will do it following many of the recognised best practices along the way.
- 1 day(s)
- 10 000
“Zero to Cloud in 1 Day” is a “project in a day” style workshop which can supercharge your understanding of the Microsoft Cloud. In this workshop we will undertake a project where the aim is to start from nothing and build a development environment in Azure. We will then use this development environment to build an application which we can deploy to the cloud.
We will also use Visual Studio Online to implement some of the key Application Lifecycle Management best practices which can ensure you build high quality applications with automated build, automated testing and continuous delivery.
We will take our cool new application and then integrate it with the enterprise class, cloud scale Azure Active Directory identity system and lock down security so users must also use multi-factor authentication to access the application.
At the end of the workshop you will take away your development environment and application which you could then add features to easily turn it into a production application.
The course is intended for
Developers who want to get a quick start to learning Azure
IT Support Staff who want to learn some of the skills underlying the applications they may support on Azure
Development Managers who need to get a high level understanding of the cloud tools their team may be using
IT Pro’s who want to learn about Azure in order to better support their development teams and to begin learning about some of the Microsoft Platform as a Service offering
IT Architects & Decision Makers who want a hands on introduction to Azure so they can make informed decisions about the future direction of their business
A very basic familiarity with Visual Studio
There is a tiny amount of C# coding during the course but anyone can do it so dont be put off if you have not coded before
No previous Azure experience is required, we start from zero
- Learn to use the Azure Portal to navigate and manage resources
- Use Azure Storage and learn how to access it
- Learn about virtual machines and how to use them for cloud hosted development environments
- Get an introduction to the latest version of Microsoft’s software development tool and some of its features for cloud development
- Setup automated build to monitor source control and to compile and test your code after each check-in
- Setup Continuous Deployment so that each successful build is deployed and ready to use
- Configure Application Insights so your application health telemetry data can be viewed via the Azure Portal
- Learn how to setup an Azure Web App and to use it
- Learn how to setup and use Visual Studio Online and get an introduction to managing tasks and projects
- Use Visual Studio Online to manage and protect your application source code
- Learn to configure your application to use Azure Active Directory for enterprise grade, internet scale security
- Configure your application to use multi-factor authentication and learn how to use it in Azure Active Directory