OD20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server® 2014
This Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand is an integrated blend of video, reading, Microsoft Labs Online and knowledge checks that can help Developers, IT Pros, and IT teams stay abreast of the latest technologies and build their technical skills in a flexible, time-efficient and cost-effective manner.
- 90 day(s)
- 9 000
This course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. The main purpose of the course is to prepare people for the exam "70-461: Writing Queries Using Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Transact-SQL." This exam will be the underlying exam for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. As such, the primary target audience for this course is: Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages.
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Describe the use of data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using Transact-SQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subqueries
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
The Microsoft On-Demand course includes:
- On-Demand course
- Microsoft Official courseware
- Certification exam: 70-461